God is not man

"God is not man, that he should lie,
or a son of man, that he should change his mind.
Has he said, and will he not do it?
Or has he spoken, and will he not fulfill it?"

Numbers 23:19

So I'm kind of taking this out of context, but since this verse is about God not changing his mind about blessing his chosen people, I think it's applicable the way I'm applying it. Here's my comforting thought for the day. Okay, not just "comforting." Here's my lifesaving thought for the day:

He chose me. And he never changes his mind about me even though he knows what a mess I am. I never have to wonder, "Have I screwed up too much? Does he still love me?" And...mmm...that's all I will say about that. It is enough.

"'Twas not so much that I on Thee took hold
As Thou, dear Lord, on me"

-Kavod-

No comments: