A Wreck of a Post

My bedroom is a wreck.. No, really -- more so than usual. Boxes, bins, and suitcases cover most of its surface area because I've been "packing" for the past... oh... three weeks. I thought I was going to be leaving last Thursday (the 9th), but when I found out that I wasn't, packing seemed futile. I've already had to dig through my suitcases multiple times because I've needed some clothes out of them, so I'm afraid to pack more things.



I'm packing almost all my stuff away because my sister's going to take my room. I'm leaving my books out because my family might want to read them while I'm gone, probably my movies too, and I'll leave a box full of "Do you want this stuff? If not, throw it away." And maybe another box of "Do you want to use this stuff? If not, keep it in the bin." It's a daunting prospect and another reason why I gave up last week.




But any day now I'm going to get my visa and book another flight. So I should be ready... though I know not the day nor the hour. (Just has to be before October 4th.)

In the meantime... I've been reading about the Orthodox Church, marveling at the beauty of its traditions, the God-centeredness of its worship, and so awakened to the lack of sacredness in Protestantism. I'm not quite on the edge of conversion, I think, but I'm searching. It's a big deal for me. "Bigger than moving to Scotland," like my mom said. I would post more about it, but I'm still on the edge of the idea and not quite in it.

I will now close this haphazard post with other news that is not at all consequential to most of the world, the new season of Castle starts tonight in less than an hour. I'm definitely going to be watching. And this poster is just so great:






-Kavod-

2 comments:

Unknown said...

my room looks like that - and i have NO excuse! :) love you girl and i hope that everything comes together really perfectly for you!

Courtney Patrice said...

Well, you should either clean your room or pack up and go somewhere awesome! ;)
Thanks, friend; I'm sure it will all be fine.